Liberty! The Saga of Sycamore Shoals
Inclement Weather Policy
The goal of the Friends of Sycamore Shoals Historic Park is to put on the best performance of “Liberty! The Saga of Sycamore Shoals” every night. But, sometimes the weather doesn’t always cooperate. There are various scenarios regarding our weather policy.
1) If we have to cancel the performance before people start arriving, we will issue refunds to the credit cards used to make the ticket purchase. If you included your e-mail address when you purchased the tickets, we will notify you by e-mail of the cancelation. We would encourage you to purchase tickets for another night. Unfortunately, our ticketing software does not allow us to transfer tickets from one night to another.
2) The Park and “Liberty!” staff monitor the weather radar closely.
a. If it starts raining during the performance and the weather radar indicates it is a small rain cell that will pass fairly quickly, we might stop the production temporarily and resume after the rain has passed. If there is lightning associated with that rain cell, we will stop the production temporarily and resume after the rain cell has passed. Our goal is to present the entire performance.
b. If the weather radar indicates it is a large rain cell that will not pass in a reasonable amount of time, we will cancel the rest of the performance.
i. If canceled during intermission or the second Act, we will consider the performance complete and no refunds will be given.
ii. If canceled after people have started arriving or during the first Act:
1. Keep your ticket receipt and come to another performance. You will need to check in at the ticket table to receive a new armband. Please arrive early as seating is limited and is first come first serve until we sellout the seating capacity of the amphitheater.
2. Mail your ticket receipt along with contact information to Friends of Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park, P.O. Box 1772, Elizabethton, TN 37644 and we will refund your ticket price. Upon receipt, we will send you a check, regardless of if you paid by credit card or cash.
3. If you cannot come back another night, we would ask that you consider your ticket price a donation to the Friends of Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that supports the operations and maintenance of the Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park.